SEO (search engine optimization) is the process for designing your website in a way that it will show higher in search engine rankings. An optimized website can obtain huge rewards for your website and your business.
Search engine optimization provides numerous benefits:
• Your website will be found – through relevant keywords and phrases.
• A website that’s optimized for search engines is also optimized for users too.
• Finding words and phrases that Internet users are looking for. Target the wrong keywords and your efforts will be wasted.
• Placing these important words and phrases in well-known places on each page, for example page title, headings, links.
• Writing efficient HTML code that search engines can easily go through
• Providing great content that other websites will want to link to
Do not make these mistakes:
• Targeting the wrong keywords
• Ignoring the Title tag
• A Flash website without a html alternative
• Lack of stability and maintenance
• Concentrating too much on meta tags
• Backlink spamming
• Lack of keywords in the content
• Ignoring URLs
To learn more about SEO please visit Internet marketing section