Google recently launched a new Data Retention controls that may affect your data storage with Google Webmasters starting May 25, 2018. This important Google Analytics Data Retention control will help of you to set the amount of time you want to retain your data. After that it will automatically delete the old archive data from Google analytics’ Server.
Google Analytic Data Retention Setup Option
To setup Data Retention you must have edit permission for the property.
- Go to analytics.google.com and login with your Google Analytics id.
- Click Admin, and navigate to the property you want to edit.
- In the PROPERTY column, click Tracking Info > Data Retention.
- User-data retention: select the retention period you want.
- Reset on new activity: turn the switch on or off.
Now to setup Google Analytics data retention before its automatically deleted, select one of the options from below:
- 14 months
- 26 months
- 38 months
- 50 months
- Do not automatically expire
Note: After modifying the time period, it will take up to 24 hours to reflect the changes in your GA account. You can also revert back the changes during this 24 hour period (if required).