Go Crazy with WordPress 4.4 Features:
- Provides oEmbed- Embed your Posts: WordPress become oEmbed provider i.e. one can embed their post anywhere by just copying the URL of the post and pasting it anywhere you want to display your post. You can also add content according to your requirement and if you do not want to use oEmbed feature then you can install disable embeds plugin and disable it.
- Supports Responsive Images: WordPress supports responsive images that are includesrcset and sizes These attributes allow the browser to use the appropriate image on thumbnails, photo galleries in the proper size that is based on viewport. For better responsiveness support, developers use the new function to display image using srcset to define different sizes that are not listed in UI and no one can change it. The maximum width will be 768px without height limits.
- Default Theme Twenty Sixteen: WordPress 4.4 provides well-defined structure with great typography default theme which works perfectly for websites and blogs. It includes color options, harmonious fluid grid, optional sidebars feature, display large images and ability to add content or posts using custom excerpt.
- Taxonomy Metadata Options: WordPress added new feature taxonomy objects that can be used to add custom field to pages and posts. To manage your data needs one can use these functions:add_term_meta(), update_term_meta(), delete_term_meta(),and get_term_meta()
- WordPress merged REST API into Core: The infrastructure of REST API is merged into core to create custom REST API endpoints and API handles JSON serialisation, routing, argument handling, status codes, as well as functions. It is easy to for developers to build API for plugins and themes for mobile or desktop apps. By replacing admin-ajax.php, one can use API in themes and plugins.
WordPress 4.4 is still in development so use a local installation for testing in order to avoid bugs. Hopefully we will get fully integrated REST API in WordPress 4.5 version. For more information on WordPress Development drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.